ietf-nntp new draft of base document available

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Wed Jul 19 00:40:31 PDT 2000

Stan O. Barber said:
>> The problem is that you haven't *said* that you've made a change or given a
>> reason for rejecting it. On other lists I get responses like "done" or "I
>> don't want to make that change because ...". This list feels like a black
>> hole for comments.

> The diffs should show what has changed from the previous release. Are the diffs
> not useful in showing what has been changed from the previous release?

No, for two reasons:

(1) They don't appear for months after the discussion that led to the
change.
(2) They don't explain why changes weren't made.

--
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <clive at demon.net>   | Tel:  +44 20 8371 1138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | Fax:  +44 20 8371 1037