ietf-nntp new draft of base document available

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Tue Jul 18 07:42:49 PDT 2000

Stan Barber said:
> In this version, all the changes suggested by Clive Feather on the previous
> draft have been consider in this update with the except

I've got about a third of the way through reading the new draft, and this
seems to be very far from the case. *Some* of the changes I have suggested
have been done, while others have disappeared into a black hole.

I intend to go through the draft and send out a number of messages, each
addressing one section. I would appreciate actually seeing a response from
the editor to everything.

I endorse Charles's comment:
> PLEASE can we have discussions of these texts on the
> LIST. You are trying to debug a complicated program by bringing it to an
> IETF meeting once a year. And if the fix does not work you wait until the
> next IETF meeting to fix that, and so on.

This process isn't working.

> of those that
> relate to including pipelining in the draft.
> I'd like for more discussion on this.

I'll address that in a separate message.

> Also, the WG is scheduled to meet in Pittsburgh on Tuesday afternoon.

Not all of us can get to Pittsburgh just to discuss one document.

--
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <clive at demon.net>   | Tel:  +44 20 8371 1138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | Fax:  +44 20 8371 1037