ietf-nntp new draft of base document available

Stan Barber sob at academ.com
Thu Jul 13 22:45:26 PDT 2000

A new draft of the base document has been sent to the Internet Drafts folks.

A copy is available at ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/nntp/ietf/nntpext.txt.

The diffs from the previous release are available at this URL:
	ftp:///ftp.academ.com/pub/nntp/ietf/nntp-diffs.txt

In this version, all the changes suggested by Clive Feather on the previous
draft have been consider in this update with the except of those that
relate to including pipelining in the draft.

I'd like for more discussion on this. Personally, I am not sure we should
assume all implementations support this. I am also not sure how much detail
we need to include. Clive has suggested a couple of sentences and if folks
think we need to include it and that description is enough, I am ok with that.

However, RFC 1854 is pretty detailed on this and I am wondering if we need
the same level of detail on this in the draft (if we have that in there).

Alternatively, we could make it an extension and put it in another document.

Comments are welcome. Please send them to the list. Those sent to me privately
may not make it into subsequent updates.

Also, the WG is scheduled to meet in Pittsburgh on Tuesday afternoon.
Suggestion for agenda topics should be posted here real soon now. I expect to
post an agenda next week.