ietf-nntp Draft summary of IETF 48 meeting

Andrew Gierth andrew at erlenstar.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 18 06:56:07 PDT 2000

>>>>> "Russ" == Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> writes:

 Russ> I don't see any obvious reasons not to just include control
 Russ> characters other than NUL, TAB, CR, and LF in the overview data
 Russ> verbatim.

My post with control characters in the Subject line elicited this
response from a reader:

----
  I must say your news article to alt.dev.null was quite entertaining.
  It completely managed to lock up my solaris desktop as soon as nn
  even entered the group. It got me quite a few strange looks from
  my co-workers as my machine kept beeping until I logged in from
  somewhere else and killed it off :) That'll teach me to be reading
  news instead of working!
----

--
Andrew.