ietf-nntp Draft summary of IETF 48 meeting

Andrew Gierth andrew at erlenstar.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 15 15:10:13 PDT 2000

 > Andrew Gierth <andrew at erlenstar.demon.co.uk> writes:
 >> I don't like this at all - the overview data has had non-printing
 >> sequences reduced to single spaces, but collapsing all whitespace
 >> sequences means an extra processing step before the pattern-match.

 Russ> Hm.  That's true.

 Russ> (Are you in favor of the \<octal> solution instead?)

on balance, I think so - parameters can't contain spaces, and what INN
does with XPAT is just a kludge (I note that other servers handle XPAT
differently - either accepting only one parameter, or treating the
parameters as separate wildmats and doing an inclusive-or).

--
Andrew.