ietf-nntp PAT

Lee Kindness lkindness at csl.co.uk
Tue Aug 15 02:32:37 PDT 2000

Does this command /need/ to be in the new spec? Can we not lay it
aside and later document it as an extension?

Is XPAT a widely used command? Really? Don't most clients just use
OVER or XOVER?

But if we do want to document it now - why are we worrying about
matching folds? Nobody will want to match folds since they are an
instance of the specification interrupting the data... Just
pre-process the data to replace folds with a space...

 Lee Kindness             lkindness at csl.co.uk
 Software Engineer        +44 (0)131 5575595
 Concept Systems Ltd.     http://www.csl.co.uk/