Response Code Separation (was: ietf-nntp DEBUG command x9x)

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Mon Aug 7 06:17:08 PDT 2000

Lee Kindness said:
>>> I admit it's not very clear, however all current implementations
>>> separate the response code from any parameters (or commentary) by a
>>> single space.
> It is in the current draft (page 4, 4.1 Response Codes):

but with the same slight ambiguity. For avoidance of doubt, I would suggest
it is changed to:

   All text, if any, in the response which is not a
   parameter of the response must follow and be separated from
!  the last parameter (or the response code if there are no
!  parameters) by an US-ASCII space.

This is an area where I proposed new wording, and I have amended that in
the same spirit.

--
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <clive at demon.net>   | Tel:  +44 20 8371 1138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <clive at davros.org>  | Fax:  +44 20 8371 1037