ietf-nntp DEBUG command x9x (was: 9xx)

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 3 22:57:59 PDT 2000

Chin Chee-Kai <cheekai at SoftML.net> writes:

> Given a choice, I'll still go for the "-" continuation method
> as this has been done, deployed and used extensively.

Not in NNTP.

#include <std_working_group_scope_comment.h>

Possibly worth discussing on the NNTP extensions mailing list, but I
personally dislike seeing more than one type of multiline response in a
given protocol.  NNTP already does have a multiline response mechanism
that's usable; it's not as flexible as the method used by FTP and SMTP,
but that in and of itself I don't think is sufficient justification to
introduce a new method.