ietf-nntp Notes from the NNTPEXT Meeting today at IETF 46

Stan O. Barber sob at verio.net
Sat Nov 13 00:19:58 PST 1999

Charles Lindsey wrote:

> And finally, finally, can I remind you that I raised all these exact
> issues in December 1998, and since then we have had two drafts which have
> not corrected them. PLEASE can we have discussions of these texts on the
> LIST. You are trying to debug a complicated program by bringing it to an
> IETF meeting once a year. And if the fix does not work you wait until the
> next IETF meeting to fix that, and so on.

As always, specific text that addresses these issues makes it a much more
concrete a discussion. Once you are able to produce such text that you believe
can address this, then I believe we can move forward in clarifying these issues.

Unfortunately, you can criticize the text as written, but can't seem to propose
alternative that clarify them. You didn't do that in Decemeber of 1998 and you
still have not done it now.

Stan   | Director of Technical Operations  | Work Email: sob at verio.net
Olan   | Phone: +1-713-793-0222    VERIO   | Personal Email: sob at academ.com
Barber | Fax:   +1-713-793-0221            | Opinions expressed are only mine.