ietf-nntp NNTP AUTH draft

Ade Lovett ade at lovett.com
Mon Nov 8 10:04:41 PST 1999

On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 11:25:06AM -0600, Stan O. Barber wrote:
> Hmmm. Let's ask the Alliance folks on the list if that's true. Surely, they
> would not break their software so badly as to implement against an Internet
> Draft.

Another issue here is the use of numeric 450.  I can't seem to find
any documentation as to the meaning of x5x responses.

If this code is to be used, then x5x (and, for completeness sake,
x6x and x7x) need to be documented, preferably in section 4.1 of
nntpext-base, even if it's just as "non-standard"

(though if x5x turns out to be considered as non-standard, in a similar
 manner to x8x, it's another nail in the coffin as why x5x should be
 used at all)

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.