ietf-nntp NNTP AUTH draft

Andrew Gierth andrew at erlenstar.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 2 15:22:23 PST 1999

 Chris> I'll do a sanity check of the examples and error codes against
 Chris> the most recent base spec, update the examples to use
 Chris> DIGEST-MD5, and update the boilerplate text.  Are there any
 Chris> other open issues?

Why are you trying to change the response codes?

This is a major obstacle to any attempt at implementation - as a
server author I will be unable for the forseeable future to use any
response codes other than the existing 480 etc., because that would
break compatibility with clients.

--
Andrew.