ietf-nntp Merge Newman's Authinfo draft into Main Draft?

Jack De Winter jack at wildbear.on.ca
Wed May 27 06:29:54 PDT 1998

Newman <Chris.Newman at INNOSOFT.COM> writes:

>>NNTPEXT has two choices:
>
>Why not add
>
>(C) Just DO it. I doubt IESG will object. Ask them if you must.

umm... if memory servers, the charter was VERY rigidly defined as the
feature creep problem hampered efforts last time around.  As a member
of this WG, I would prefer to see it get the IESG's approval, but stressing
that we are doing this simply to bring it in line with the "no plaintext"
rule.

regards,
Jack