ietf-nntp EXCHANGE vs. TRANSFER

Leon Woestenberg leon at stack.nl
Thu Jan 22 10:03:45 PST 1998

Dear Stan Barber,

implementing a newsreader for the Amiga OS, I am following the IETF
NNTPext Draft of December 1997.

I would like to point out that in section 4. "Basic Operation.",
one of the steps is called "NEWS TRANSFER", whereas section 10 reads:
10. "The NEWS EXCHANGE Step".

I kindly suggest referring to NEWS EXCHANGE in both sections to avoid
misunderstanding or confusion.

Many thanks to everyone involved for writing a clear NNTP specification,
making it so much easier for me to stick to the rules.

P.S. I'm not a member of this mailinglist.

Regards,
--
Leon `LikeWise' Woestenberg       <leon at stack.nl> <leon at esrac.ele.tue.nl>

Student Information Technology Science, Eindhoven University of Technology
Dutch Language Administrator for the Amiga Translators' Organization (ATO)
http://www.stack.nl/~leon/

Amiga: The Most Personal Computer  Stunt Kiting: The Art of Air Adrenaline