I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nntpext-base-03.txt

Jeff Garzik jeff.garzik at spinne.com
Wed Jan 14 07:55:34 PST 1998

Would it be possible to have the FILTER command included in an NNTP
draft?  http://www.spinne.com/usenet/pre-filter/

There was no strenuous objection to my earlier proposal, and I have
received strong positive comments from many admins.

One comment I received privately was to make FILTER an NNTP extension; I
disagree -- FILTER interrupts the normal lock-step NNTP convention.
That's why the additional "MODE FILTER" command exists instead.
--
Jeff Garzik			    Typhoon, Cyclone, Diablo, and INN
Spinne USENET News Service	        Fast and efficient news feeds