draft-ietf-nntpext-base-03.txt some comments

Nat Ballou (Exchange) natba at Exchange.Microsoft.com
Mon Feb 2 10:59:20 PST 1998

On Thursday, January 22, 1998 4:57 PM, Chris Lewis wrote:

> [...]
>
> Meanwhile, there are 6 standards track SASL mechanisms, a couple with
> multiple interoperable implementations demonstrated.  Both
> Netscape and Microsoft are using SASL for authentication in IMAP, POP

> and SMTP.  They'd like to share the code with their NNTP code I
suspect.

Absolutely.

I'm very much in favor of Chris Newman's SASL proposals.  I also
think we can do it in a way that does not break products currently
on the market (i.e., at least for listing authenticators).

Nat