ietf-nntp ---bis

Ned Freed Ned.Freed at INNOSOFT.COM
Sun Aug 30 12:28:57 PDT 1998

> Forgive me if this has been answered before (if so, I don't recall).

> Do there exist at least two interoperable implementations of the
> various new things proposed for RFC977bis?  Are these available for
> further interoperability tests?

> Does anyone have a test server available across the net against
> which I (and others) could test client and peer implementations?

In addition to Stan's comments, please note that as a formal matter
interoperable implementations aren't required for a move to proposed standard.
The multiple interoperable implementations requirement comes into play
when moving from proposed to draft.

Mind you, its always nice to have some code written to see that things aren't
completely silly, and I'm glad to hear that this is being done. But it is
not required by the process.

				Ned