ietf-nntp RE: Issues with new draft

Nat Ballou NatBa at ims.microsoft.com
Fri Sep 5 10:52:49 PDT 1997

People have send me comments stating that my last message
was in-decipherable.  I apologize - here's a plain text version.

Nat

------------------

Beyond what others have posted, here are a few issues I'd
like to discuss:

1) Case sensitivity - listgroup says case insensitive; group
says nothing; etc.  In essence, we should make sure that
case sensitivity is covered throughout the spec - a weakness
of RFC 977.

2) Transition Issues - 9.1.3 - why change the response codes
for authinfo?  I see no good reason for this, and I know of at
least two implementations that use the old codes.

Thanks,

Nat