ietf-nntp xover tabs and newlines

Stan Barber sob at academ.com
Tue Oct 21 22:58:54 PDT 1997

> If I recall, the OVER specification in the 977bis document does not
> explicitly forbid newlines or tabs in the result set.

That's correct. Did any of the original documentation from Geoff say
anything about this? I missed it, if it did.

> The newlines should be escaped if they appear in header values, so those
> should not be a problem. The tabs however, I can see causing problems.
> Perhaps we should adjust the 977bis draft to indicate the existing tabs
> in header values also be escaped since that is our delimter character.

This can be done if necessary. Any suggestions from anyone on the
changes to the text?

Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: sob at academ.com
Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: {mcsun|amdahl}!academ!sob
Barber | URL- http://www.academ.com/academ |Opinions expressed are only mine.