ietf-nntp Announce: Mailing list for RFC 1036 update created.

Tom Killalea tomk at nwnet.net
Wed Jul 30 09:37:26 PDT 1997

>I'd like group members' (and chairs'!) opinion on whether this is best
>handled as a new working group, or as an extension to the charter of
>the nntp working group after its current work is finished.
>
>               Harald T. Alvestrand

It's just as well the WG concensus was to form a new group rather
than wait for the nntpext working group to finish its current work.
While much can be achieved on the list meetings *are* useful
(especially when document editors show up) and a chairperson/arbiter
is indispensible.  Given Erik's lack of attention to this WG and Stan's
unwillingness to go to Germany without hearing from the chair I think
that nntpext could use a prod from our ADs.

Tom.
--
Tom Killalea   (206) 649-7417    NorthWestNet
               tomk at nwnet.net