ietf-nntp New wording on article numbers - draft 3

Alan Barrett apb at iafrica.com
Sat Jan 11 08:08:25 PST 1997

> Oh fer cripes sake, it's easy to make master/slave parallel feeds
> appear identical.  You can feed the articles in any order from the
> master to the slave but don't update the list of articles available to
> the reader client until the feeds are in sync.

How do you know when the feeds are in sync?  I suppose you could stop
accepting new articles at the master, wait for the queue of articles being
fed to the slave to drain, and then update the slave's list of article
numbers to be presented to the readers, but I wouldn't want to do that.

--apb (Alan Barrett)