ietf-nntp "Common NNTP Extensions" document updated

Jeff Garzik jeff.garzik at spinne.com
Mon Dec 1 03:37:07 PST 1997

Vincent Archer wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 01, 1997 at 10:43:45AM +0000, James Fidell wrote:
> > Agreed.  I'd like to see a fully specified NEWNEWS command, but as an
> > optional part of the specification rather than a requirement.

> Then we do agree.

Me too.  :)

Mr. Fidell described the idea much better than I did -- NEWNEWS has its
valid uses, as respondents have indicated here.  Any draft mentioning
NEWNEWS should stress that the command is optional, and not implemented
on a large segment of the NNTP reader servers in use today.
--
Jeff Garzik			    Typhoon, Cyclone, Diablo, and INN
Spinne USENET News Service	        Fast and efficient news feeds