ietf-nntp IETF nntp BCP for RFC977/RFC1036 interaction

Chris Lewis clewis at nortel.ca
Mon Apr 14 14:36:54 PDT 1997

To ensure that I get the comments the right way around, I'm going
to address each of the comments separately, and see if we have consensus:

NNTP-Posting-Host - the format should be:

Where nameN can be the IP address or FQDN representing the name of the system
connecting to do the POST.  It is anticipated that all servers posting via
NNTP would at least supply the IP address, and preferably the DNS reverse
lookup of the connection.

During POST, any pre-existing NNTP-Posting-Host should be discarded by the
server and replaced with data the server generates.
--
"I can't stand this proliferation of paperwork.  It's useless to fight
the forms.  You've got to kill the people producing them."