ietf-nntp Announce: Mailing list for RFC 1036 update created.

Brian Hernacki bhern at netscape.com
Sun Apr 13 10:52:25 PDT 1997

Harald.T.Alvestrand at uninett.no wrote:

> I'd like group members' (and chairs'!) opinion on whether this is best
> handled as a new working group, or as an extension to the charter of
> the nntp working group after its current work is finished.

I'd personally prefer a seperate working group.

It would allow us to procede somewhat in parallel with the current
977bis group. If we need to wait for the 977bis document and then
discuss proposed extensions, it might be a while until we can tackle the
article format. Since there doesn't seem to be a great dependancy, why
wait?

It might also cut down on the total amount of travel people have to do
if they can cover two topics each time they attend IETF meetings rather
than drawing out the duration of the existing group.

--brian