ietf-nntp Initial draft FINALLY available

Stan Barber sob at academ.com
Mon Sep 30 00:59:04 PDT 1996

I am delighted and relieved to announce that the first draft of the NNTP
spec is now available for retrival via ftp from the following URL:

        ftp://ftp.academ.com/pub/nntp/ietf/nntpext.txt

This document should be considered a starting place, not an end point. I will
do my best to track everyone's comments and integrate any changes which
appear to have consensus support.

The document does include the extension mechanism and the process by
which it is used. The document (I hope) does clarify some problems in RFC 977.

However, I am certain it is not perfect (just as I am not)!

Please direct all discussions about it to ietf-nntp at academ.com.

I apologize for the month-long delay. I was ill for a week at the end of
August and am just now able to dig myself from all the work that backed-up
as well as all the work that was on-going.

Enjoy!

Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: sob at academ.com
Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: {mcsun|amdahl}!academ!sob
Barber | URL- http://www.academ.com/academ |Opinions expressed are only mine.