nntp-extensions Re: ietf-nntp NNTP SEARCH extension internet-draft available

Brian Hernacki bhern at netscape.com
Thu Oct 31 09:39:26 PST 1996

> Mail and news are so similar that I have a difficult time justifying a
> different search protocol for them -- or at least I haven't seen the
> reasons to do so yet.

While I like the idea of a single message access protocol, news and mail
still seem different enough to me that I cannot envision using IMAP in
it's current state as *the* reader protocol.

I have probably spouted this before, but I think the best course of
action is to let IMAP and NNTP develop seperately and simple let the
best protocol emerge.

--brian