nntp-extensions Re: ietf-nntp NNTP SEARCH extension internet-draft available

Terry Gray gray at cac.washington.edu
Thu Oct 31 07:47:30 PST 1996

On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Stan Barber wrote:

> I wonder if I should spend the time to convert rn to use IMAP. Or, perhaps
> that is already done and I am just unaware of it. Please let me know.

Stan,
I personally believe that converting rn would be a terrific idea.  I do
think that the world would be a better place if we could focus on IMAP as
the message access protocol of choice, and focus on NNTP as a
server-to-server distribution protocol.  The UW IMAP toolkit might
be a good starting place for the project.

-teg