ietf-nntp Re: nntp-extensions Character sets in

chris (c.) lewis clewis at nortel.ca
Thu Oct 10 11:03:21 PDT 1996

In article <9610100132.AA21127 at sulphur.osf.org>,  <rsalz at osf.org> wrote:
>In correct practice, aren't inn and the NNTP ref implementation
>both 8bit clean?  Certainly C News is.  Can't we call B2.11 dead?

I think it's probably more correct to say that they're 8-bit clean
in article bodies.  I believe that at least C-news has some pecularities
with 8 bit characters in headers.
--
"I can't stand this proliferation of paperwork.  It's useless to fight
the forms.  You've got to kill the people producing them."