ietf-nntp Initial draft FINALLY available

Bob Sloane SLOANE at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Wed Oct 2 12:06:33 PDT 1996

>Specifically, I think the AUTHINFO {USER,PASS} should be in the draft RFC.
>It may be deprecated there to reflect that it is being replaced.

I agree.  The stated goal is to document existing practice, rather
than extentions, isn't it?  Is there any reason to beleive that
AUTHINFO {USER,PASS} isn't the most used method of authentication
right now?  In what way does this situation differ from the BATCH
command, which was left out?
--
USmail: Bob Sloane, University of Kansas Computer Center, Lawrence, KS, 66045
E-mail: sloane at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu, Phone: (913) 864-0444, FAX: (913) 864-0485