ietf-nntp Comments on the draft

Stan Barber sob at academ.com
Wed Oct 2 08:04:35 PDT 1996

There are a number of questions I have about making the draft clearer. I'd
like specific feedback on these things.

I didn't include any examples. I do intend to include some, but I want to
know if they should be in a section all on their own (like RFC 977) or
mixed in with each command to show how it is used. What do people think?
Also, what about the format? Should the one used in RFC 977 be used here?

I used the tactic from RFC 977 concerning ARTICLE, STAT, HEAD, and BODY.
Should I change that so that each is discussed individually?

Are there any references I didn't cite that folks think are useful to
readers of the document?

I also didn't include a section that lists all the keywords and all the
response codes together. Is that useful?

I thought about including more information about how the "current group pointer"
and "current article pointer" work to make it easier for first time
implementors to implement NNTP. Is that useful? Or, should that be something
in another document?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: sob at academ.com
Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: {mcsun|amdahl}!academ!sob
Barber | URL- http://www.academ.com/academ |Opinions expressed are only mine.