nntp-extensions Re: ietf-nntp NNTP SEARCH extension internet-draft available

Stan Barber sob at academ.com
Fri Nov 1 00:25:09 PST 1996

> It seems covered if you care to use TAR and get some formats but hunting
> through code on a site.  I asked him about this, and his attitude was to
> find a Windows TAR program or to use a real operating system that had that.
> That put me off I must admit.

I am not sure what you are referring to exactly, but I believe you may have
been asking how to decode a shell archives that make up the NNTP Client kit
on a Microsoft OS-based machine. You asked that I put it out in some kind
of other format and I suggested that you look for a suitable shell. I was
under the impresion that Microsoft provided a POSIX compatible shell in its
NT Resource Kit. I could have been mistaken about this. Perhaps some of
the Microsoft participants can inform me if this shell does exist and
if it can decode these shell archives.

> From past experience in the mail field, if someone is preparing a draft
> that outlines what kind of responses a command returns, saying what that
> format is in that draft/rfc or an exisiting RFC is necessary.  When it
> comes time to vote for the NNTP drafts, I will make sure that my feelings
> about this are mentioned to others, as Stan is not disposed to listen to
> me.

I did listen to you and did suggest a strategy for you to use to accomplish
your goal. I thought the suggestion was reasonable, or I would not have
made it. I guess we have a difference of opinion on what is reasonable.
In any case, it is clear that we had different opinions about what is
reasonable.

If you let your feelings about me cloud your feelings about the drafts,
that is unfortunate. I hope you will reconsider.

Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: sob at academ.com
Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: {mcsun|amdahl}!academ!sob
Barber | URL- http://www.academ.com/academ |Opinions expressed are only mine.