New NNTP extensions in INN 1.5?

Stan Barber sob at academ.com
Mon Jul 15 06:48:40 PDT 1996

I guess we'll just have to disagree about this.

The initial draft document coming out next month will take the current RFC
977 and the current draft I have written and combine them in some fashion
to produce the initial document. In that document, a mechanism will be
proposed that will make it possible for other extensions to be added
and a mechanism will be proposed to make it possible for those extensions
to be designated a "standard" extension.

As neither RFC 977 or the current extensions draft describes anything
that is specific to INN 1.5, there will not be anything in this proposed
document concerning INN 1.5.

You are welcome to write your own version of this draft if you feel
strongly that it should be influenced by the upcoming release of INN 1.5.
Personally, I think any extensions in INN 1.5 that are not in the
upcoming draft for RFC977bis should be documented in a follow-up document
using the mechanism that will be in the RFC977bis document. That will
serve as a good way to prove out the new mechanisms and will get these
extensions documented. That strikes me as the best way to accomodate your
desire and also meet the goals of the proposed charter for this working
group.

Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: sob at academ.com
Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: {mcsun|amdahl}!academ!sob
Barber | URL- http://www.academ.com/academ |Opinions expressed are only mine.