New NNTP extensions in INN 1.5?

Jonathan Grobe grobe at netins.net
Mon Jul 15 06:38:05 PDT 1996

On Mon, 15 Jul 1996, Stan Barber wrote:

> > What new NNTP extensions will there be in INN 1.5?
> >
> > When is INN 1.5 expected to be released?
> >
> > Jonathan Grobe <grobe at netins.net>
>
> While this is an interesting question, this is not a list about the
> upcoming INN 1.5 release. It is about work towards a RFC 977 bis.
>
> This question would be better made in the USENET news groups
> news.software.nntp.

I quite disagree. I believe that if new NNTP extensions are included
INN 1.5 (such as mode streaming?) they should be included in RFC 977 bis.
I do not think it a good thing for RFC 977 bis to be released and a
couple months later INN 1.5 comes out with a number of additional
extensions.

Jonathan Grobe