ietf-nntp newsgroup name case-sensitive?

Brian Doyle bdoyle at imagina.com
Tue Dec 31 18:16:43 PST 1996

In parsing an INN active file today I came across two newsgroups whose
names differed only by case.  Does this indicate two newsgroups or just
one?  RFC 1036 does not indicate whether newsgroup names are case
insensitive so I'm not sure how to treat this.  Is this wired down in an
RFC somewhere and I just missed it?

Also, I've noticed the list topic in the past few days has centered
primarily around the subject of article numbers.  I haven't been on this
list very long so I'd like to know if it's acceptable to post suggestions I
have for new NNTP modifications at any time or if there's a more structured
approach to the topics on this list.  Is there a FAQ?

Thanks!

Brian Doyle
Imagina, Inc.
bdoyle at imagina.com