ietf-nntp Issue: empty groups

Jack De Winter jack at wildbear.on.ca
Tue Dec 31 12:44:21 PST 1996

>>Here's the possibilities.
>>
>>(A) first=last=count=0. This is set by INN; my draft forbids it.
>
>Also done, we've been told, by the current NNTP reference implementation...

I was just going over this again and I just remember a point I
should have made.

first = last = count = 0 does not say anything to me about our
current situation.  It says that there never has been, and that
there currently is, no articles in that group.  I think this is
the main reason that there may be problems with this.

regards,
Jack