ietf-nntp Issue: empty groups

Bob Sloane SLOANE at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Tue Dec 31 08:33:17 PST 1996

> (A) first=last=count=0. This is set by INN; my draft forbids it.

This is what INN does, and what the ANU News server does. Is there
some server somewhere that DOESN'T work this way?

> My inclination is to tune the wording to have:
>     Forbid A, C, D.
>     Allow E and F.
>     SHOULD do B.
>
> Any dissent ?

Yes.  I would like to know some have some VERY good reason to make
virtually all the news servers in the world non-compliant. Readers
seem to be able to cope with current practice. What problem are you
trying to solve here?
--
USmail: Bob Sloane, University of Kansas Computer Center, Lawrence, KS, 66045
E-mail: sloane at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu, Phone: (913) 864-0444, FAX: (913) 864-0485