ietf-nntp New wording on article numbers

Clive D.W. Feather clive at demon.net
Sat Dec 28 12:36:57 PST 1996

Jon Ribbens said:
> I don't think that MIGHT should be in capitals.

I'll leave that for the final editor - I'm not sure which words should or
shouldn't be, so I'm erring on the side of caution.

> If there are articles
> 2, 3 and 4, then the highest article number is 4. Subsequently
> article 4 may be cancelled, and then the GROUP command must return
> 3 as the highest available article.

It looks like there is consensus on this. I'll change the wording of my
draft to allow the high water mark to decrease, but not the low water
mark.

--
Clive D.W. Feather    | Associate Director  | Director
Tel: +44 181 371 1138 | Demon Internet Ltd. | CityScape Internet Services Ltd.