I18N (Re: ietf-nntp My notes from the NNTP WG meeting at the 37th IETF)

Harald.T.Alvestrand at uninett.no Harald.T.Alvestrand at uninett.no
Thu Dec 19 06:33:35 PST 1996

I've been notified that the sentence

> This AD certainly won't say that not addressing i18n in the new
> protocol won't hold it up.

isn't a model of clarity, so I'll try to rephrase.

IF the draft comes before me for promotion
AND i18n is not addressed
AND I have heard no convincing argument why i18n doesn't need to be addressed
THEN I will delay this document.

The message I was replying to (from Chris Newman) stated:

> If an area director states that ignoring i18n won't hold up the spec,
> then I'll shut up.
That was kind of the basis for the convolutions; I'm not going to
say that.

Unfortunately I was offline for 24 hours, so the message got a
bit out of context....

(DON'T expect replies from me next week - I'm taking a Christmas
holiday!!!!!!!)

                  Harald A