ietf-nntp Backfill

Chrisy Luke chrisy at easynet.net
Tue Dec 17 01:45:13 PST 1996

On Mon, 16 Dec 1996 20:48:46 -0500 (EST), Mark Sidell
<Mark.Sidell at forteinc.com> wrote:

>Anyway, as far as I know, demon's is the only server that backfills.
>But, perhaps Clive could provide more information.

Nobody else does because it breaks too many readers. Agent is the only
article-number based reader I know of that can cope with it.

Everyone else has nicer solutions that don't break things. ;)

Chris.

== chrisy at easynet.net, chrisy at flirble.org.uk, chrisy at etsiig.uniovi.es
== Newsmaster and Senior Systems Developer for Easynet Group Plc.
== Someone once said A Flirble is like Christmas. Only more so. With
== less of the fuzzy bits and more of the haze.      They were wrong.