ARRP 2010: Expedition v0.1.8 RC3
java.koder at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 19:49:26 PDT 2010
Just in time for the ARRP, here comes the first public RC of
Expedition v0.1.8. Thanks to all the playtesters who have been helping
and providing new cool ideas!
Lots of things have been developed from the last public version
(v0.1.7), I'm currently working on polishing the "trading"
The Graphics UI is on place now using graphics from Oryx, and
roguebard music has been included as well.
Following a short changes list, acumulated from the last public
* Graphics version, using an augmented 8Ã8 tileset made by Oryx
* Sailing has been completely rehashed, now you control your ships
by rotating them, and the wind direction determines your speed.
* Combat system has been redone, now squads of units tackle each
other during a Ranged, Mounted and Melee round. Units can be wounded
or killed, depending on their resistance, weapons and armor.
* Storms now arise, grow and die in the middle of the ocean,
destroying careless fleets.
* Native settlements now abound in the new world, with several
different cultures, and they will respawn enemy expeditions when they
are hostile. They can also be ransacked after the local population has
* Weather, Wind direction, temperature and doldrums are simulated
* You can Chop forests for wood now
* Forests and mountains now block LOS, making exploration more
* New tunes selection, including a remix by roguebard Jice
* User Interface enhancements
Download here: http://slashie.net/page.php?27
Hope to hear your comments!
More information about the roguelike-announce