7DRL (sorta) complete - Smash Arena

Ed Kolis edkolis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 16:51:45 PST 2010

Well, my 7 days are about up... didn't get QUITE what I wanted in there!
But most of it :)

My web host is having some difficulties, so a friend of mine is hosting
this for me...

http://imagemodserver.mine.nu/other/subhosting/edkolis/SmashArena.7z

I'll post the source code and such when my web host comes up again!

Instructions:

This game's written in C#, so you'll need the .NET Framework; it will
probably run in Mono, but I haven't tested that yet!

Move around and attack with the arrow keys; hold shift to move
repeatedly; hold control to attack with your heavy weapon.

Don't forget to buy weapons and armor when you have the chance!

Hopefully the game's winnable... since I didn't get weapon enchantments
in there like I'd hoped, I had to double the strength of all weapons AND
add a new super-powerful one, in order to make the final boss even
remotely possible to kill!

I'd intended to have more weapons too... not just swords, but a few
other categories! Could have probably added them really quickly, but I
want to get this posted before I forget! ;)

Have fun, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Oh, about those damage types...

Smashing - knocks targe back depending on how much damage they've taken
already
Piercing - target's defense is half as effective
Cutting - target's defense is doubled, but anything that manages to
penetrate is doubled! Great vs. unarmored enemies!
Burning - target takes damage 2 turns in a row
Freezing - chance of rendering target immobile for 1 turn (might have
forgotten to actually implement that effect, oops!)
Shocking - reduces defense by 25% for one turn

And in case you're wondering why you're not hitting monsters when you
expect to, it's because actions take place in a random order, so if a
monster and you attack simultaneously, whoever hits first has a chance
to knock the other back, and if that happens, whoever gets knocked back
won't get to fight back!