LNH: The Liminals #4: The Quest for Motivation, Part 1

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Oct 20 18:32:57 PDT 2020

On 2020-10-18 17:21, Drew Nilium wrote:

>> "Because," he said, "our Writer is currently supercharged with
>> creative energy due to the enormous pressures of the current moment.
>> When they lose that, they could burn out worse than they did before.
>
> Awwwww. Well I'm glad you're thinking about this now X3

I'm feeling undermotivated myself right now.  If I don't start drawing
new Powernaut cartoons real soon, there won't be a new issue next week.
Notice how I'm hanging out on Usenet instead of drawing cartoons.

>> If we can't find a way to them to build a ongoing motivation in a
>> sustainable way, our Writer is going to explode."
>>
>> "...That's a metaphor, right?" said Alice.
>>
>> "No."

Boom...  Just kidding!  8{D>

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler  8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.  gutenberg.org