SW10/WWW: Power School 2012 #6: Nice Buffaloes! Have Some Candy!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Nov 27 19:52:12 PST 2015

On 2015-11-26 23:29, Drew Perron wrote:

> I just feel like the scope of your stories is getting a bit past six
> strips of six panels each, even on the simple ones~ Nothing wrong with
> that.

I might pull off a couple more six-issue series in 1987 and 1993, but
otherwise I agree.  Power School 2013 particularly seems headed for some
complex characterization - in addition to a certain rampaging monster.

> It was just too vague - it needed some kind of thematic linking detail
> as to the interactions between emotions, Theta Radiation, and the buffalos.

hmmm, has anyone in comic books ever irradiated an entire ranch of
herd-creatures before?  And *these* were raised by a kindly elderly
female scientist with no special powers.  She was no threat to herd
structure.  The herd alpha-buffalo probably reacted poorly to a visiting
herd of humans with super-powered alpha males of its own.

(I do promise to thematically link the plot elements for 2013.)

> Drew "still getting used to the new style" Perron

I do tweak the style slightly for each era.  But I'm guessing you mean
something different by "style"...  I've been at this long enough that I
might actually be improving my craft.  2012 is indeed a new style when
compared with 2011, but it will look a lot like 1985.

I know. - Archie Andrews