NTB: The Gallant Appearance of the Total Bastards

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 15:10:03 PST 2015

UR URBAN URBAN FANTASY!
TRENCHCOAT TASK FORCE NET.BRIGANGER!
BUGGER!

Shimmering in the street
Blood smelling sickly-sweet
The spirits of the past won't stay underground

Devil may care I say (ur urban fantasy)
Fuck it all anyway (ur urban fantasy)
But let's kick down the door
Tonight we'll raise some hell!

One shot, one banishment, bye bye lost soul
Come on if you think you're hard
Right back down you go!

Trenchcoat sweeping across the street
(ur ur ur urban fantasy)
Snarkin' off on those you meet
(ur ur ur urban fantasy)
Booze and angsting and a cigarette

Got to be brave although you suck
(ur ur ur urban fantasy)
Got to hope when you're outta luck
(ur ur ur urban fantasy)
You're a wanker anyway, might as well do good

Let's Vertigo! (Let's Vertigo!)
Bloody hell no! (Bloody hell no!)
Trenchcoat Task Force Net.Briganger!
BUGGER!

GrimSloth snapped off the televison. "I hate reboots," he muttered.

Author's Note: So I've been listening to a lot of Super Sentai themes,
and I was just really fascinated with how Samurai Sentai Shinkenger's
opening kept repeating "chan chanbara". Chanbara is the name of the
genre of samurai-in-feudal-Japan movies, and I wondered what would
happen if you applied the principle to other genres. Thus...

GrimSloth created by Stewart Fyfe, used without permission.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, delicious pizza