MISC: OCTO-BOY # 1: Octo-Boy's First Day part 1 by J. Vandersteen

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 09:27:57 PDT 2014

On 8/21/2014 3:07 AM, jvdsteen1974 at gmail.com wrote:
<snip>
 >     "Those weren't so bad... Just because Jenny is a brunette doesn't make
 > here any smarter than the rest," he says. "Or the fact she works at the
 > high school newspaper instead of being a cheerleader."
 >     "Sure," Matt's mom says.

Dangit, Octo-Boy's Mom! Stop other-girls-ing!

 >     Inside the bank stand three men with ski-masks on, carrying automatic
 > weapons. The customers inside are lying on the ground, hands on their heads.
 >      A security guard goes for his gun. All three masked men fire their
 > guns. The guard falls down. The customers scream.
 >    "Bastards!" Marcia says and walks in with her gun in hand. "FBI! Drop
your weapons!"

Okay see, that seems like a bad idea after they've already shown themselves to
be shooty. ...on the other hand, I can certainly see the value of giving them
a different target.

 >    "Yes, but you wouldn't believe what happened in that bank. It looks like
 > we have our own superhero now. Where were you?"
 >    "I heard the shots and figured I'd better look around if I could find a
 > squad car to help you out.

That's such a terrible excuse. You're lucky she's rattled by the firefight.

D'awwww. <3

 >    "I appreciate you helping out your dumb boyfriend," Matt says and
 > thinks, I'm starting to feel bad about this. If I'm honest I'm only dating
 > her because she will be able to help me with my homework.

Eesh. Well, at least he's honest with himself? ^^;

 >    His cellphone rings. He picks up the phone, telling Jenny, "It's mom."
 > He listens and says, jaw dropping, "Mom? You're in the hospital! What?! NO!"

Huh. I really didn't expect that.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, hmmmmmm.