LNHY: Biblical Avengers #2: Apocalypse!

April White milds1436 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 03:27:05 PDT 2014

Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner.

On Friday, June 6, 2014 9:32:31 AM UTC+8, Scott Eiler wrote:
> On 6/1/2014 10:48 AM, April White wrote:
>

> > "That can't be a coincidence!" God said.  "Satan and Mohammed must
>
> > have planned this together!  Satan has brought all the demons of Hell
>
> > to Earth to bring about the apocalypse!"
>

> > Satan laughed.  "Of course!  The faithful were promised the Kingdom
>
> > of Heaven but I was promised billions of souls being sent to Hell!  I
>
> > want this as much as anybody!"
>

> I might as well admit I read this stuff.  But "Satan and Mohammed must
>
> have planned this together" is a stretch to say the least.

Ah but who are you to question God?

> One could
>
> say Satan *thinks* Mohammed is serving him, and Mohammed *thinks* God is
>
> testing his commitment to God's struggle.  Jihad, that is.
>
>  > Mohammed appeared beside God and Satan.
>
>  > "Your avengers will fail to stop us," Mohammed said.  "They are too
>
>  > late."
>
> It sounds here like Mohammed is actively rebelling against God, which
>
> seems out of character.

Well, see, Mohammed rebelling against God is required for the story to have conflict.  It basically mirrors Jesus' rebelling against God in the previous story or Thor's rebelling against Odin in the movie Thor.  For that matter, Odin was pissed when Thor disobeyed him in the first movie but Thor disobeyed him again in the second movie so he could rescue Jane Foster.