DIVA: Anakh the Jackal-God and the First Man DOUBLE ISSUE! #1/#2

deucexm deucexm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 05:39:28 PST 2014

On Monday, December 8, 2014 8:09:06 PM UTC-6, Scott Eiler wrote:
> On 12/7/2014 7:29 PM, deucexm wrote:
> > "Why did you provide water unasked?" Anakh demanded.
> >
> > "HUMAN DIES WITHOUT IT.  ONLY HUMAN ASKS YOU TO SPARE US YOUR JUDGEMENT."
>
> Don't you just hate it when you create a world and forget to account for
> something?  ... actually, that seems to be a plot element in many
> creation stories.

Honestly, I don't have a lot of my old notes about Anakh's world, but it's quite possible that there is no water native to it.  However, then we get into issues with there being no clouds with no hydrologic cycle to produce them, and the extremes in max/min temperature that causes - not to mention no water means no water vapor, meaning it's painful to breathe or even /exist/ for long periods of time...

... so, er, it's quite possible that Anakh simply landed in the middle of a very, very large desert, and that's where Dur Lachesis is/will be/was/wioll haven be.

On Tuesday, December 9, 2014 1:13:01 AM UTC-6, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On 12/7/2014 10:24 PM, deucexm wrote:<snip>
>  > A long time ago, before the Great City of Dur Lachesis was built,
>
> That's just such a good line to begin things on. So very mythological and
> worldbuildy.
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, luv this story.

I can't remember what possessed me to write it just like that; I think perhaps it had to do with some Anansi or Coyote tales.