LNH/REVIEW: Kid Review's Roundup: October 2013

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 4 19:09:44 PST 2013

On 11/3/13 10:01 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> A bright spot came on in the darkness. Kid Review walked on, looking
> nervous and biting his lip. "First of all, I'd like to say I'm *very*
> sorry."
>
> "The RACCelestials were looking over my issues to date, and..." He coughed
> into his hand. "They were, um, a bit *concerned* about whether or not I was
> really properly helping them in their ongoing judgment of
> rec.arts.comics.creative. So... they blatantly stole the format of End of
> Month Reviews and told me to use it." He sighed deeply. "Really, terribly
> sorry."
>
> <---------------------->
>
> PREHISTORIC PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS
>
> HOPEFULLY A NEW ONGOING FEATURE MAYBE?
>
> =================  -------------------------------  =================
>    ><><><> | <><><><  || K I D     R E V I E W ' S ||  ><><><> | <><><><
>    =================  || ========================= ||  =================
>    ><><><> | <><><><  || R * O * U * N * D * U * P ||  ><><><> | <><><><
>    =================  || ========================= ||  =================
>    ><><><> | <><><><  ||       October  2013       ||  ><><><> | <><><><
>    =================  || ========================= ||  =================
>    ><><><> | <><><><  || By:     Andrew     Perron ||  ><><><> | <><><><
>    =================  -------------------------------  =================
>
> <---------------------->

"Reviews!" said Able-to-Detect-Reviews Lad.

> Ripping Off King Arthur #125-133
> A webcomic [WWW] series
> by Arthur Spitzer
>
> "What the Heck Is This: RACC's *fourth* webcomic, Ripping Off King Arthur
> is about a man named Max Ruetra in a land known as Webcomiclot, where the
> mysterious Pope Lizardsaurus has gathered together many webcomic creators -
> for reasons unknown..."
>
> "October's strips check in on the various supporting characters of this
> world before diving into a strange, unsettling storyline involving Rippy
> Offy, a strange, unsettling living webcomic who appears, chained, in the
> room where the Webcartoonist Who Stayed In Bed sleeps eternally."
>
> "RoKA is interesting, acting as a sort of fusion of Questionable Content
> and Twin Peaks - or to be less cliched about it, it has a bunch of
> mismatched characters with ludicrous personality traits who are set up to
> bounce off of each other constantly, causing comic mischief, with a setting
> that's shrouded in mystery, secrets, and bizarre cosmic underpinnings. It's
> pretty strong overall, as long as your sense of humor matches up with
> Arthur's, managing to take a concept like 'being possessed by a bed' from
> goofy to menacing and back again."
>
> "My main complaint would be that It's Phnne Ot Im Frdayy!!!, the
> every-friday strip with the same art and different dialogue (a la Dinosaur
> Comics), never quite works for me - the art is so focused on this one weird
> action that it's hard to get a variety of dialogue to fit it. However, it
> might be that this, too, will be part of the larger puzzle; we will see.

Yeah, I probably should kill that part of ROKA because the joke probably
gets worse and worse every time I do a new one.  But I probably won't
because maybe it will all make sense someday (and I'm just incredibly
stubborn).

Arthur "Thanks for the Review!" Spitzer