SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1955 #13: SHRIEEEEEEEK!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Jun 1 11:01:20 PDT 2013

No, Paula, don't touch that radiation oven!   ... Too late!  (Did anyone
*not* see this coming?)

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1955b.htm#13

And for your prose-reading pleasure, here's another episode of Paulie's
Pen Pals!

Dear Master Paulie,

I think it's horrible that your class trip was allowed to roam a
fairground unsupervised. You obviously got in trouble with that bully,
and the young ladies of your class were placed in danger. Where were the
responsible adults?

(signed) Miss Regina G., Certified Teacher

Dear Miss Regina,

I don't blame my teachers for anything. Even in Power City where we have
one teacher for every fifteen students, the teachers can't keep track of
everything. I'm sure the girls' chaperone was there with them, just not
standing right next to the villains so she couldn't protect anyone. And
my teacher doesn't always intervene in bully fights even if he sees
them, because he thinks we should be strong for ourselves. Maybe in the
future we'll have even better teachers and supervisors than what Power
City has now. And fewer bullies!

Thanks for writing!

(signed) Paulie

I know. - Archie Andrews