RACCies: 2011 Results

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 06:37:02 PST 2013

                    o  o  o  o  o  o  o
             o  o  o     The  2010     o  o  o
       o  o  o  o  o   (17th Annual)   o  o  o  o  o
             o  o  o   RACCie AWARDS   o  o  o
                    o  o  o  o  o  o  o

...are something I haven't really done a good job finishing, have I? Well,
I may as well dish on who won what, in preparation for this year's awards.
Thusly, let's consider this the Matthew Rossi Memorial Edition of the 2010
RACCies!

Discretionary Awards:

The JOHNNY, COME BACK FROM THE LIGHT AWARD, presented to the author - or,
in this case, authors - whose returned to RACC is most welcomed:
    Adrian J. McClure, Saxon Brenton, and Tom Russell

The "HARASSED BY REAL LIFE" RESTRAINING ORDER, for successfully managing to
write while getting a new job and moving house:
    Dave Van Domelen

Yet another GOLDEN LASSO, for roping in more writers to RACC:
    Ted Brock and Andrew Perron

The CHEESECAKE LAD AWARD FOR TASTIEST RACC FOOD:
    Kermit Marshmallow Pops (Mike Kittyman says they're Kittylicious!)
    Sharkasaurus Rex Sushi (The Dharma Brothers say, Sushiriffic!)
    Spellbinder Magic Hostess Fruit Pies (Zombies just die for 'em!)

Named Awards:

THE "SPIDER SPINS!" LITTLE LULU WEB PAGE AWARD, for our favorite
RACC-related web page:
    The LNH Wiki < http://www.lnhq.info/wiki/ >

THE IMAGE TESTIMONIAL TIMEPIECE (BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED), for that author
whose works are most consistently late:
    Ted Brock

THE JOHNNY SOKKO "COME BACK, GIANT ROBOT, COME BACK" LOVING CUP, for the
RACC Writer that is most sorely missed:
    Jessica "Jaelle" Ihimaera-Smiler

THE RABBIT-BREEDER'S CUP, awarded to the most prolific writer in this or
*any* amateur fiction forum!  We're measuring volume, folks!:
    Wil Alambre

THE DOCTOR STOMPER BRONZE BOOT FOR EXCELLENCE IN EXPOSITION, for the best
informational piece, in-character or out of it:
    ASH Wednesdays

Numbered Awards:

RACC20. FAVORITE NEW TITLE, an ongoing series (as advertised, not as
released), where issue #1 was posted on or after January 1st, 2011:
    LNH20 Comics Presents

RACC19. FAVORITE NEW WRITER whose first RACC posting was on or after
January 1st, 2011:
    Elena "Leto" Klazinga

RACC18. MOST IMPROVED AUTHOR from January 1st, 2011 to present:
    Adrian J. McClure

RACC17. FAVORITE RUNNING GAG:
    LNHQ being bigger on the inside than on the outside

RACC16. BEST DISCUSSION, by thread, not participants:
    The Reboot Threads: "Event for 20th Anniversary?"/"To Reboot or Not to
Reboot..."/"Secret Reboot Crisis Hour Point Itself"/"Reboot Redux"/"Duel of
the Dual-Boot!" [Oct-Nov]

RACC15. FAVORITE PERSON WHO HANGS OUT ON RACC:
    Saxon Brenton

RACC14. FAVORITE STORY UNIVERSE:
    Classic LNH

RACC13. FAVORITE REVIEW TITLE:
    End of Month Reviews

RACC12. FAVORITE ACRAPHOBE/DRAMA OFFERING, series, miniseries, or one-shots
across all imprints:
    Academy of Super-Heroes and The Super Wizard From Space

RACC11. FAVORITE ACTION/ADVENTURE, same:
    Spellbinder

RACC10. FAVORITE PARODY/COMEDY, same:
    LNH Comics Presents

RACC9. FAVORITE NEW CHARACTER:
    The Super Wizard from Space

RACC8. FAVORITE SUPPORTING CHARACTER:
    Andrea the Ticker-Tape Reader

RACC7. FAVORITE VILLAIN/ANTAGONIST:
        FIN FANFIC FOOM!

RACC6. FAVORITE HERO/PROTAGONIST:
    Spellbinder

RACC5. FAVORITE SINGLE ISSUE:
    System Corruptors #27: "Labyrinth" [LNH]

RACC4. FAVORITE ARC, any multi-issue storyline that is *not* RACC3:
    Dead Presidents (LNH Comics Presents #503-506) [LNH]

RACC3. FAVORITE MINI-SERIES, 12 issues or less, including one-shots:
    Beige Midnight [LNH]

RACC2.  FAVORITE ONGOING SERIES, as advertised, not as released:
    The Super Wizard From Space

RACC1.  FAVORITE WRITER:
    Rob Rogers

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, recently read Things That Never Were.
Interesting stuff, but has a tendency to fall prey to the master narrative.