META: RACC Presents - FCBD Edition

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Nov 16 18:13:39 PST 2012

On 11/16/2012 2:39 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> Here is a sudden idea I have: A sampler of RACC stories, in ebook
> format, made especially to be printed out and distributed to local
> comic shops for Free Comic Book Day 2013.

I'm not sure who other than ourselves would be printing these things
out, but it's still a freakishly good idea.

> My first instinct is to have it be in a turn-of-the-century pulp
> magazine style. Possible stories, off the top of my head, include:
>
> * That one Super Wizard with the red dress* Some Powernaut strips *
> A standalone ASH story - not sure which one * Possibly an LL&DD as
> well * Bite-Size Tales of the LNH used as interstitials * Genesis #0

People like art.  Pick stories that have cover art.  Twenty-Fisted
Tales, for instance.

> Not sure how long we'd want it to be - 22 pages? 80-page giant?
> Somewhere in between?

If it's us printing the things out, we'd better be thinking "fanzine".

> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, whatcha think?

Watch out lest I swipe the idea!  There are a couple of stores I could
probably talk into distributing the Powernaut 2005 series, which was
*designed* as an introduction to Powernauts.  Four strips, two sides of
one sheet of paper, no staples!

Of course that doesn't preclude the Powernaut in a RACC jam.  For that
I'd recommend Powernaut 1944 or 2009.

I know. - Archie Andrews